Sunday, June 26, 2011

Playing in KC

Fishing Trip with the Olsens and our new friends the Jones

Fishing spot on the lake



Ever since Grant had heard that his cousin Jordan went fishing he had wanted to go soo bad. So thank you Jones family for making that wish come true.





Matt and Grant's fish




I was so proud...I even caught one. I love Ty's face. Not sure if he liked the fish or not



FIRST TORNADO SCARE



This is Matt outside with the video camera. He was so excited.




This is the boys and I in the bathroom (Our tornado safe place) terrified. Do you like the entertainment: suckers, water, and ipad.





On Saturday Jon and Lynds and their kids came to spend the day with us. It was so fun we walked around the Crown Center and went into the Kaleidoscope exhibit and the rainforest exhibit. We didn't get any picts of the Kaliedoscope exhibit. It was full of crafts. Not exactly my boys idea of fun. Still cool to see though.



Henry, Abby, and Grant hugging the big Gorilla at the rainforest exhibit






Tyson off doing something else. He didn't like the big Gorilla


Henry on the elevator toy


Then we went swimming at our pool




Since Grant's birthday was the next day on Sunday we had cake and ice cream. This is his request "Superman cake". Don't look to close there are lots of flaws, but he was so excited to help me make it. I wouldn't say he was much help though...he kept wanted to touch the frosting :)










HAPPY FATHERS DAY AND HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY GRANT!!!
Ty and I made breakfast in bed for the two special boys. I asked Grant what he wanted for his birthday breakfast. He said, "You got toast mom, cause I will eat it all up." Funny kid







Ty wanted to be apart of the fun, and Grant could have cared less about breakfast he was just so happy to get to play the ipad on our bed all by himself.








After breakfast it was a mad dash to get ready for 9 o clock church, except the bishop wanted to meet with us at 8:35 so that made it even more of a time crunch. But we made it.




After Church Grant couldn't wait to open his presents. Grant in the Circle o presents




spoiled kid, he got so many fun presents from grandparents. He couldn't wait to play Lego Pirates on the WII

A real set or Golf Clubs.



We can't forget about Father's Day. Happy Father's day Matt a new Hybrid golf club.



Boys outside testing out the golf clubs. Ty was really struggling that he didn't get any. So we passed on a little putter that Grant got along time ago and let him join in the fun.




After we all took naps and had a special dinner per request from Matt and Grant we had a little party with the Olsens.






AFTER EXERCISING ONE DAY MATT BROUGHT HOME A BABY FROG

Boys playing with "Kermit" the frog, yes my boys are very creative with their names :). They put him in their tractors and in their boats.


Close up of Kermit. He became our pet for the next 3 days. Then after not knowing what to feed him (Grant tried cereal, corn, an ant) and refusing to catch bugs I talked Grant into letting him go.


KANSAS CITY ROYALS GAME

We had a blast watching the game


So we had this lady try and take our picture. She did not know what she was doing and it took her forever. The fountains right behind us started to go off and we were getting wet. We all wanted to run, but Matt was telling us to stay knowing that we could not handle another picture with that lady trying to take it again. So here is what we got from the picture....soaked and all.


So I put this one on for you Aunt Kathy and all those others who have been begging to see my belly. I'm sure I would look alot better standing, but every picture I'm standing I'm holding a boy and I refuse to take a picture just of my belly. So this is what you get.




Really cool building we found on our way to go for a nature walk. It's part of a college. There was also this huge underground section of the college. So neat. We don't really know what the story behind the underground college is but hopefully we'll find out soon.


I was so sick of electronics...Iphones, ipad, wii, computers, new camera that I told the boys no electronics and we are going for a walk. So we headed to a Nature Conservatory trail. I'm usually not like this, but today I was. I blame all my crazy things on pregnancy so this is one those crazy pregnant moments.
As we were walking along the trail Matt almost ran over this turtle with the stroller. He could hear Ty saying "turtle, turtle, turtle" So he finally stopped and realized he was inches from hitting the poor thing. Glad Ty was looking.

The boys loved it.



We saw this really cool owl. As it flew off it flew down right in front and grant. So cool

On the drive here Grant said he wanted to kill an animal. Not sure where he got that since we aren't big hunters, but we told him we couldn't kill anything we were just going to take pictures. And he could help find things and we would take pictures of it. So this is a stick he found that he thought needed a picture.

We saw a couple bunnies

We saw some deer right here, but didn't get a great picture of them


We hiked to a waterfall. So fun. The boys had a blast and I was so much happier after being out with nature in the fresh air. Tyson trying to copy Grants happy face.

Matt told them to pull a funny face and I think Ty was a little confused between his funny face and what Grant called his Happy Face. Cute boys that are usually really good friends.


3 comments:

The Godfreys said...

the cake turned out so cute! Grant is one lucky guy. Glad you guy are having so much fun in your new place!

A said...

You look so cute Amy, and I'm super impressed with the cake!!

Julia Kelly said...

Good to pics of you guys and the Olsens! Miss you guys! Looks like you have been keeping busy. Oh, and you look adorable as always.