We made it to KC and got all unpacked and moved in within a few days. It was a crazy few days, but well worth the work of just getting it done. We love having the Olsen's as our neighbors!! We also love our Worlds of Fun passes. Grant asks to go to the amusement park with snoopy all the time. It's been a blast watching the boys go on the rides. A total bummer that I get to be the designated cheerleader this year :), i did go on a few little rides and the baby loved them :) he kicked the whole time. I'm sure he will join right in with his brothers and love the rides.
We just got back from a trip to ID. I didn't think I would ever want to drive over fly, but wow it was actually so nice to just drive to ID instead of fly except for this one instance:
Funny story- So we are in the middle of nowhere in WY and Grant yells "I HAVE TO POOP." Matt and I looked at each other and about died trying to think of what we were going to do. Every possible option came to my mind...do we just let him go on the side of the road and bury it like a cat would? Do I grab a walmart bag? etc.... We saw a sign for a golf course and turned off to try to find it. After miles of nothing we came to a trailer park. (We felt at home :)j/k ) There was nothing else around and Grant is yelling at us "I have to go now" So in the middle of the trailer park we see this house with a bunch of kids running around. Looked like the most family friendly option we had. Grant and I go to the door and i ask to use these peoples bathroom. The lady was super nice. However, Grant decides to take the longest poop of his life. I was dying. He was rattling off story after story. I was trying so hard to be patient and let him do his thing, but inside was dying that we were in the bathroom for so long. I was sure the people thought we were stealing stuff in there bathroom. After about 10-15 min (dead serious) Grant finally announced he was done. I can't remember feeling so relieved. We left the house with a quick thank you and am glad we will never see them again.
Besides that moment it was quite relaxing and the boys were AMAZING. I still can't believe how great they did during the 16 hr. drive. I would definitely do that again. It was so fun to see family. We were in the car for about 3 hours when I realized we forgot our camera GRRRR. I was so bummed. So, I do not have any pictures of ID, but we had a blast, four wheeling, canoeing, playing with cousins, visiting the zoo with the baby bear and chi chi the monkey. It went so quick, but we are glad we had the break to visit family.
Now back in KC Grant talks about WV and misses his friends, but we are excited to explore and have time with Matt before he starts school again.
1 comment:
Hey! Another boy!!! Yay! Congrats!!! Congrats on your husband graduating! That is awesome!You're little family is so cute!
Post a Comment