Wednesday, May 25, 2011

the rest of the update

Grandma and Grandpa Godfrey came to WV for Matt's graduation. We were so glad they could make it out. Matt's dad was diagnosed with Lymphoma a few weeks before graduation. So between chemo treatments, they still managed to take a week and spend it with us. We feel so special. Matt's dad was able to hood Matt and that was such a cool experience. Before all the festivities of Graduation we took them to our favorite West Virginia Zoo.




Grant loved the Bears, Ty was scared of all the animals



We had so much fun at the Zoo


We saw Grant's good friend Gavin at the zoo.




Grandpa Godfrey started to loose his hair from the Chemo treatment while he was in West Virginia so all the boys got their hair buzzed. Grandpa was a trooper and we were so glad we could do this with him. Grant was so excited to have a hair cut like Grandpa.




Ty got into the mud before his hair cut.


Grant's hair cut like Yoda



We said goodbye to Rowena. That was such a sad goodbye and we will really miss our West Virginia Grandma!!




Goodbye Mobile Home. We are so glad we went the Mobile Home route and have loved listening to the rain on the tin roof, hearing the crickets and birds in the morning, and sharing the trailer park with our awesome friends the Johnsons's and the Olsen's.







GRADUATION!!!! YEAH!! Let me just say I will never take a 21month old to a graduation again. Tyson was a disaster. I spent the first hour in the foyer with Ty running around like a crazy man. Here I am in a dress and heels trying to pry him out from under tables and behind posters. Any time he would see another kid he would walk up and push them down. So I would hold him and he would kick and scream. Grant was super restless and came out in the foyer half way through and joined right in with all the other kids running around. When it was time for Matt to be hooded Ty went with Judy (Thank you Judy (Abby's mom) for being a lifesaver). I took Grant up close so I could video Matt being hooded. We were kneeling in front of people on the first row. Let me emphasize it was a couple of guys right behind us. I stood up to video and try and take a picture. Grant stood up with me and grabbed my leg and pulled my dress up behind me. So while Matt is being hooded I was trying to get Grant off me so i can pull my dress down and stop flashing the guys behind me. Grant starts bawling because he thought I was mad at him and sad he didn't get to see Grandpa put the thing over daddy's head. It was an absolute disaster. I felt so bad about Grant being so distraught and I was absolutely exhausted from having chased Tyson around the foyer for the previous hour. However, it was a ceremony I will never forget and the boys and I survived the ceremony and were happy when it was over.


Matt being hooded by his dad. Congrats Matt and Thank you Bill!! So Cool.



Bill walking out after the hooding


Matt leaving officially a Dr. We are so proud of you!!


Our friends the Johnson's and the Olsen's. We are so glad the Olsen's matched in Kansas City for Orthodontics, but are so sad the Johnson's are moving to SLC. We will miss our friends.



Matt, Dave, and Mike


Chris Smart and Matt


Matt with his buddy Eric Echard


Matt and his Dad



Matt with his parents Bill and Tayna.


The boys so excited to see Daddy and Grandpa

1 comment:

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Amy, it was so awesome to see you at the mall!!!! I can't believe your horrible graduation experience--with the flashing and the crying, and Grant's hurt feelings, and trying to capture the special moment. Wow. And i can't believe you're five months pregnant--you barely look pregnant at all!