A dozen roses
Our crazy February:
We got home from Christmas and adjusted to life; just in time to turn around and go back to Idaho for my sister's wedding. I have the best mom ever. She flew out just to fly back with me and the boys. After flying so much in the last couple of months. I decided I hate to fly. Not because of the boys...they were great. Because of the stinken airlines. You all heard about our flying experience over Christmas, this one gets better. After 6 hours in the airport we finally left Pitt late because of the crazy snow storm. Which I was so thankful we actually left. Due to a late flight we missed our connecting flight. Supposedly, that is what we were told. We were given a hotel and told that we would fly out the next day. I got a phone call updating our flight, when we got to the hotel. We found out we had 10 min. to get back to the gate and onboard before our flight left. I guess the plane was still waiting for the pilot to arrive who happened to be on our first flight. Why they told us the flight had left I have no idea. My mom and I looked at each other with two boys half asleep, 10:00 central time at night and said lets go for it. I don't think I've ever begged and pleaded as much as I did that night. I've never ran through security faster in my life. Some how sweaty and out of breathe we made it to the gate, and begged some more for them to let us on board. When they let us on, I couldn't believe we were actually on our flight to SLC.
I wish I had pictures of that experience because it was insane. The wedding was worth the crazy chaos. It was so fun to see family and play. Grant and Ty loved playing with the Stowe's while I was at the wedding. Thank you Tiffani for coming into town and for your help. I didn't take my camera, but when I get picts I'll post them.
6 comments:
Happy Birthday! I can't believe all that snow--we haven't had anything this year. Glad to see you are keeping busy!!! Yeah, and airlines are seriously so lame. What a nightmare!
OH my gosh! Airlines......what a joke sometimes! What sister got married??? I love your sisters!
Holy Crap! I am so sorry that you have had so many bad experiences! I am so glad that your mom was there to help you! Happy (late) birthday! Your boys are so big and SO cute!
oh my goodness...honestly, you and the airlines...not a good combo...so sorry.
I miss you! lets play soon!
I love that update and I cannot believe with all of my heart that you went for that flight and made it! Your mom is a saint and your husband did a really good job with Valentine's Day.
Amy Happy late Birthday! I was thinking about you all day but we were flying back from California on your birthday so I forgot to call you! It sounds like Matt did a great job with your b-day and valentines day! So cute! And way to go on making that flight! that is amazing.
Post a Comment