Sunday, August 30, 2009

The last week

After an hour and a half of being discharged from the hospital, I had a reaction to the what we think was a pertussis shot that they gave me. So for the next 2 and a half days I would shiver uncontrollably for 45 min to an hour and then spike a fever of around 103 F. After a few more hours I would finally break the fever, and feel ok. Then it would start again. We spent 4 hrs at the emergency room at 3:30 am on Sunday. They did blood work and ruled out an infection. Monday I went to the Dr. and they checked again for an infection. Could not find anything. They cultured my urine to make sure it wasn't a bladder infection and started me on antibiotic just incase. We haven't heard for sure whether it was or not. However, the Dr. was stumped and assumed it was probably a reaction to the shot. Thank goodness that was my last reaction and I have continued to feel better and better. My mom arrived Monday and has been the biggest help.

I have to say that I have the most amazing husband. For those two and a half days he pretty much had both boys, the house, and feeding and caring for us all. He missed sleep every night with me and some how managed to wake up and chase a two year old and help with a new born. He never once complained and was always there for us. I feel so lucky to have him as my husband and the boys dad.
We were so grateful for those who brought meals to help with that burden.



Ty sleeping in his swing
Grant shared all his blankets and bear with Ty and then cuddled with him. What a cute brother!!



Grant loves it when Ty's eyes are open he gets so excited!
If you were wondering who Ty looks like check out Grant's baby picture.

GRANT A FEW DAYS OLD
TYSON A FEW DAYS OLD


Matt had a white coat ceremony on Saturday. It's a ceremony where they give them their white coats to welcome them into the clinic. (Even though they've been in the clinic all summer)
Dave, Matt, Mike, and Chris

My cute husband with his white coat. What an exciting step in our life!! He's half way through dental school. YAH

9 comments:

Jonathan and Carley said...

I am so sorry you were sick! The exact thing happened to me after Abigale was born. I had 103 fever and was in the ER twice and I could not stop shaking. They never figured out what it was for me either but just gave me a super strong antibiotic (after the first one didnt work) and then I was fine. It was pretty scary though! Luckily we both have great husbands to take care of us! Your boys are so cute and I hope you feel better now and can enjoy your family!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Oh friend I am so glad to hear you are feeling better! That was a crazy situation! But little Tyson is here and is adorable! Again congrats!

Becky said...

Amy,
I am so sorry you were sick! That is awful! Why were you getting a Pertussis vaccination anyway? Anyways, what a beautiful baby. I am so glad he is here and is safe. Your two boys look wonderful together. I'm excited to see more pictures. CONGRATS!!!

Benjaman and Alexandria Brown said...

COngrats on both the baby and dental school! WE are so happy for you guys!

A said...

HOw scary for you, I'm so sorry! Hope everything continues to get better!

Ryan and Jessica said...

Hey I love your blog!!! Its so cute! I bet mom is having a blast playing with those fun boys and you have girl time with mom! Have fun and love ya!

Melanie said...

I am so sorry you had some complications. I'm glad everything is okay now though. You boys are so cute together. Congratulations!

Stefanie said...

Both your boys are adorable. I hope everything is going good now and you are just enjoying your family. Congrats on being half way done with school!!!

Kassidy and Adam said...

Congrats on your new little boy! he is so sweet!