We had such a great Valentines. 5 Years ago on Valentines Matt proposed to me. So this is always an extra special day for us. Matt has such a crazy semester with so many tests each week so he left to go to the school to study in the morning. He brought Chick-fil-a home for us for lunch. It was so fun to hang out and not have to worry about lunch. Then Our friends had an unexpected visit to the hospital so we had there little boy Jaden here all day. Although we felt so bad that they were in the hospital. It was great for Grant to have a friend.

I got surprised with 18 Red Roses and the cutest card from Matt!! It was perfect! Even though I can't keep anything alive in my house, I love flowers and they always seem to brighten day.

I decided this year that I was going to surprise Matt. He is always so cute and always has the best surprises for me so I got him some pin stripped pants, a sweater, and a new bag for his golf shoes.
Grant got a little package from Grandma and Grandpa. He loved it. This is his excited face when he saw the candy.

This is our cute little buddy Jaden joining the festivities.
For dinner I decided I wanted to make Matt his favorite dinner of Chicken Rolls and Sis. Snow Potatoes. I decorated the table with rose petals, candles and candy. Grant thought it was the best thing ever. He sat by us and ate candy off the table while we had our candle light dinner. It was so much fun just to be together and hang out. I feel so blessed to have Matt and Grant in my life. Grant went to bed and Matt and I hung out and watched the slam dunk contest while we cuddled on the couch. Yes, and just for the record that was my choice of what to watch and I loved watching it.
A couple of weeks ago we were so lucky to have Matt's brother Jon come stay with us for a night. He had an interview here for a fellowship. It was so much fun to see him and Grant still talks about him.

5 comments:
What a fun day! You guys went all out. (Nice job Matt on the roses!) I'm glad you two had some time to sped toghther, that's the best.
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I am so glad you were able to spend some much needed time together. Times like that are what get me through medical school. I'm sure you feel the same way about dental school. Well hope you are doing great!
Isn't family life awesome! Sounds like you guys are doing so good. Dan and I also watched the All-star contests while cuddling on the couch, funny. Your boy is beautiful and I love his surprise face.
It's fun to have an excuse to do something special. And fyi...it took Ry 6 months before she would go to nursery alone (we had to ease her in too). The older they get the more they understand and the easier it gets to leave them. Nursery was a major struggle for us!
Okay, so I seriously died when I read what you did for V-day because we did exactly the same thing. Homemade candlelight dinner, watching the slamdunk contest on the couch. So fun!
Post a Comment