Monday, February 9, 2009

So it seems that everytime I go anywhere lately I forget my camera. So, sorry no pict update just words. Well we have entered the real world again. Matt is back in school from 8-5 everyday and then studying after dinner. Although his studying has not been quite as productive since Grant has figured out how to open the door to Matt's office. So it seems like every few minutes I'm chasing him down the hall trying to keep him out so Matt can have a few minutes to study. I swear i'm getting slower by the day :) because I very rarely catch him, and what do I find. My two cute boys playing and laughing. Matt loves a good excuse to take a break and Grant loves to provide that for him. So often times I look in the door and watch the two and laugh. Well hopefully this semester goes as good for Matt as the last couple :) even with a little distraction.

So Grant is now in nursery. Wow the day is actually here. The last few months before nursery it seemed like we lived in the hall. Well, Grant being the first we really weren't sure what to expect. Well to summarize the last few weeks. Grant screams when we leave and unless his teacher is holding him he is sobbing. He refuses to participate in anything. Then the second he sees us, when we go to pick him up he screams (like I can't believe you left me). So after much dilemma and asking anyone who has advice. It is looking like the best solution is Matt and I tag teaming nursery. So hopefully after a little while our little attached child will learn to love nursery with OUT his mom or dad :)!!! He has such a great teacher who has been so patient with him which we are very grateful for.

These last few weeks have been filled with fun adventures for Grant like swimming, playing in the snow, finger painting, and today playing at the park hurray for warmth :)!!! Along with Mickey Mouse Club House, Winnie the Pooh, and Barney.

I had such a great birthday. Matt took me out on Saturday since he had school from 8-5 and a test on my birthday, along with another one the day after and a quiz the day after that :) Thanks WVU great planning. Although I was not to excited to be a year older, I have such great friends who made my day so fun. I went to lunch and one friend surprised me with babysitters and a whole afternoon to just hang out and shop. It was so nice to have a break and just have some quality girl time. I would have absolutely loved it if everybody could have been there although that is probably an impossible wish, but I was grateful for those who sacrificed and baby sat instead. When I got home and Matt and Grant were making me a wonderful French Toast Deluxe dinner that was absolutely amazing. We played and hung out and my two cute boys just made the rest of the day perfect.

Well besides mentioning we had a pipe freeze and then break when it thawed out :) Never a dull moment. I think you are now updated on our little world. Sorry for being a slacker.

6 comments:

Michaelene said...

wow! you've been busy. I'm so glad you had a good b-day. -one year older and wiser too! While you are at the park today we are snowed in. Hopefully you can send some of that warm weather this way :)It was so fun seeing you guys over your holiday break. Grant seriously couldn't be any cuter!

Jonathan and Carley said...

Amy! Happy Birthday! Sorry I didnt call you either but I also thought about you the whole day. One year we need to have a birthday weekend and go on a girls trip! I totally understand the nursery thing. Abigale has been going for 8 months and still freaks out everytime and I often end up staying in there with her. She is getting better and it helps that my good friend is the nursery leader so we try and get together as much as possible outside of church so that she feels comfortable. Good luck and hopefully you will have more success then us! Love you!

McArthur Family said...

Quick, check your email. I sent you some pics from the park today. It sure was wonderful being outside with you and Grant.

dave&abby johnson family said...

I am so glad you had a great Birthday!!

Melanie said...

What a good update. I'm glad you had such a fun birthday. I know how you feel about watching Matt with Grant. I feel the same way about Devin and Amy. Dad's are just so cute with their kids. It's fun to see them interact and be silly with them. Sorry about the broken pipe. That is no fun.

Mark and Katy said...

Happy Birthday! That is awesome that you got so girl time in! Good luck with nursery! It is so crazy. I am in the nursery now. It is so much fun. We stayed in the nursery with Benson and then I got called in. I am sure that he will warm up to it soon. Can you blame him for wanting his parents with him? : )