Friday, February 27, 2009

MIRACLE #2 is on the way

Miracle #2 is on the way. We are PREGNANT due in AUGUST. For us getting pregnant has been quite the challenge and we feel so blessed to have a new little miracle joining our family.






The Lord has truly provided Miracle after Miracle to make this happen in our life. Here's our story:


To begin, when Grant was 4 months old I kept having this feeling that we needed to start trying for another baby. After over coming the idea that I was crazy, I told Matt my feelings. I am so thankful for a wonderful husband who is so supportive to my inspiration and after a couple weird looks and a few jokes about how we just had a baby he was on board.


A couple things needed to happen for us to start trying to have another baby. For one I needed to stop nursing so I could go on fertility pills, and second I needed to find a Dr. that would prescribe me the pills.


Well I wasn't sure exactly how to stop nursing because at this point Grant would have nothing to do with a bottle, formula, or solid food. He was only nursing!! So we prayed and told the Lord that we were willing but we needed help to make this happen.


Well never under estimate the Lord because two months later, Totally out of the blue, Grant woke up and would have nothing to do with nursing. He was barely starting to eat oatmeal and still would have nothing to do with formula or a bottle. I thought for sure he was sick. After a visit to the Dr. finding out he was perfectly healthy, I knew that this must be the Lord's way of doing his part. Truly a MIRACLE. Well Grant hardly ate for a day and after many sippy cups my mom got him to drink out of one. So I pumped and and within two weeks he was drinking formula from a sippy cup. Just to make sure, I tried to nurse a couple of times and he would have nothing to do with it.


So within a few weeks I had an appointment with a Dr. who thought I was crazy when he found out I had a 7 month old and wanted to get pregnant. But, he was willing and gave me the prescriptions that I used when I got pregnant with Grant.


After 3 months of trying Femara a couple different ways. I still did not ovulate. We decided to add Metformin and after another couple of months still no ovulation. So we made a phone call to my Dr. in SLC who informed me that if those pills aren't working then he had no idea how I got pregnant with Grant. (He definitely was a MIRACLE) and the next option was to do shots, but I needed to go to a Reproductive Endocrinologist out here.


Shots would cost anywhere from $1500-$2000 a cycle/month. So here we are in absolute awe, we have no insurance that would cover this, no idea how we got pregnant with Grant, and no idea how we could afford shots. But yet still I felt this urge that we needed to have another baby. So I made an appointment with a Reproductive Endocrinologist here. We fasted and prayed so hard that everything would work out somehow.


Well another Miracle happened!! Matt recieved a couple unexpected scholarships. The financial secretary just happened to work some magic out of the blue one day and got us more loans without any hassle. So it looked like we had a small cushion of money to go ahead and meet with the Dr. and do what was necessary.




The reproductive endocrinologist here, recommended another pill called Avandia that he had alot of success with. I will testify that after the trial of your faith come the blessings. We thought for sure there was no other way except shots. But just when you think there is no way, He totally provides a way. We tried Avandia and Femara, I ovulated and got PREGNANT.




The excitement of being pregnant only lasted a short period of time. We were told it was an ECTOPIC PREGNANCY and I was bleeding internally. Although I didn't see the MIRACLE at the time I can now look back and see how the Lord helped us through this trial. I was very blessed to have a Dr. that monitored me very close. We found out it was ectopic before I was in any pain. I didn't have to have surgery. I had what was similar to a D&C to make sure it was ectopic followed by a biopsy and two shots in the butt of methotrexate.



I was absolutely devastated. 7 MONTHS OF FERTILITY PILLS, we finally get PREGNANT and then to find out it was an ECTOPIC PREGNANCY. I couldn't believe it. I spent a couple of days just sobbing. I am so grateful for such an amazing strong husband. I know that it was hard on him, but he was so strong and such a great support for me. I'm so grateful for him.





I remember I was so down and sad so I prayed and told Heavenly Father that I needed help to be ok with this, I wanted to be a happy mom and wife. I had the most amazing peaceful feeling come over me that overcame the disappointment and sadness. After days of feeling so down, I finally felt at peace, felt God's love for me, and was able to move forward.



After a month of healing the internal bleed was gone! Thanks to another MIRACLE my hysterosalpingogram was clean and my body showed NO EFFECTS of the ectopic pregnancy.




So after convincing the Dr. that I was fine and ready to start trying again he finally agreed. However, he was worried the Femara might have caused the ectopic pregnancy and suggested we try an experiment of just the Avandia. My first thought was WHAT? yah right I finally ovulate and now you want me to try something totally different than what worked. But, Matt and I talked and we realized that we didn't want to have any regrets if we were to have another ectopic pregnancy.



So we tried just the Avandia, which did not work, followed by Femara shortly after. Which started to work, but somehow with trying the experiment it messed up my body. I wasn't releasing the egg. Within a day I had an HCG shot and ovulated.



SOON TO FIND OUT WE WERE PREGNANT!!!! I feel so grateful for this pregnancy and for a healthy 14 weeks!! I know that the Lord loves me. Although it's been a hard year. I feel like he has placed the path that he has wanted us to go down, right in front of us and helped us the whole way. We just hope and pray that everything continues to go okay with the pregnancy, and hopefully come the end of August, we'll have a new little Miracle in our life!

29 comments:

Shai Brown said...

That's amazing...I'm so happy for you guys! Congratualtions!

Justin, Shaylee, Mercedez and Sawyer said...

Oh Amy!!! I had no idea that there were so may complications going on in your life with pregnancies! Little Grant is truly a miracle and the Lord really does bless us. It has been one thing after another just constant since me and Justin have been married. My motto is "Just do what's right and everything works out" because it has proven true time and time again. I am so excited for you! Congrats!

Josh and Lyndi Smith said...

Congrats! That is so wonderful Amy. We are so happy for your little family. Babies truly are miracles, and motherhood is so wonderful. We are so happy for baby number two news and will be praying for everything to continue to go well.

Ryan and Jessica said...

Hey guys! You are so amazing! We are so excited! Emma is hoping for a girl! :) Its so fun to hear all about grant, he is such a talker now, thats so fun! Love you guys!

Melonie Harris said...

Ohhh Amy I am sorry you have all these complications!! It sounds awful... you must be pretty strong or the Lord would not have you go through this!

McArthur Family said...

What a miracle! I love your faith and that you strive to do the Lords will. I love you!

Becky said...

Oh Amy,
I'm so happy the news is out and everything is going wonderful! I'm glad you told the whole story. And to tell you the truth I'm in tears right now trying to be strong and gain the faith that you have had. Thanks for being such a great example of strength and hope. I am so so happy for your family and am excited for continual updates. Thanks for being such a great friend!And YAY finally another baby!!!

Melanie said...

Wow, what an amazing story. I am so sorry that you have had all those challenges. But it's comforting to know that the Lord really does know what is best for us. And when your little baby gets here it will all be worth it. Good luck with everything and if you need anything please call.

Jami Jackson said...

I am so thrilled for you guys! You have so much faith and optimism Amy, and I really admire that about you. the Lord truly does bless his children in unexplainable ways doesn't he? Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

Kate Johnson said...

Oh Amy! I am so happy for you, but sad that you had to go through so much this past year. I am glad that you have another little miracle in the works!

The Bigelows said...

Congrast on the new baby that is such a blessing I am happy for you and your family, I hope things go well for you and the next few months!! ps Grant is such a cutie

Sarah and Trent said...

WOW Amy. That is such a story of determination and blessings galore! I had no idea it had been such a hard road. We're so happy for you guys~ wow. Congratulations! You deserve more darling children like Grant, for SURE!

Deb said...

You are such a strong women! The lord truly builds us up so that we can deal with lifes ups and downs. What a great blessing it is to be able to have children. I am so happy that you have been given that opportuinity again. Your such a sweet daughter of our Heavenly Father. It is no wonder he would want to send his children into your arms. My prayers are with you as you carry this special miracle. Were cheering you on!
Ps thanks for sharing your story.

Stefanie said...

I'm happy you shared your story, it sounds like it has been a trying year but you're a great example! Congratulations!

dave&abby johnson family said...

YEAH, CONGRATS friends! We are so excited for you and glad we can finally talk about it out in the open!!!!!! The Lord is truly amazing, he loves and blesses us in some many ways. This little baby is going to be so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! That is so exciting and I am so happy for you. That truly is a miracle. Congratulations!!!

Nate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michaelene said...

Amy, I am so excited for you. I know how hard it was trying for Grant and now to go through this...I am just amazed at your testimony and strength. I too hope all goes well, you guys are in our prayers. Congrats!!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! You're such a cute mom, and such an amazing example!!

A said...

Amy, somehow I missed this post when my computer was being silly, and it's a biggy!!! I feel so bad about all you have to go through- it's unbelievable. And so is you continued faith!! What a great little family you have!

Porters said...

oh that is so awesome. congratulations! I am really impressed with the promptings you followed, thanks for posting that. :)

Benjaman and Alexandria Brown said...

congrats you guys! We are so excited for you! It is amazing how the Lord's hand can be so direct in our lives! We are very happy for your growing family!
Love,
Ben and Alex

the longmores said...

Thanks for posting the complete story. I am sorry for all of the troubles you had along the way. It sounds like you had quiet the experience. I am so glad that you are doing well now. Congrats on baby #2!!

Tiffany said...

Hey Amy! This is Tiffany (finn) Hunt! I hope you don't mind that I jumped onto your blog! What an amazing story! It sounds like this year has been a huge trial for you, but that you have grown and grown from it! Congratulations on your pregnancy! Your Grant is absolutely adorable. I hope you're doing well!

Jonathan and Carley said...

Amy,
You are so amazing and I am so excited for you! The Lord really does work in mysterious ways but it is so comforting to know that He always knows what is best for us even if we dont understand. You are such a great mom and baby #2 is so lucky to have you both as parents!
Love you!

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Wow, thanks for sharing that sotry! You are beautiful and I am so happy for you!

Dana said...

That is so amazing!! I just want you to know that I love to read your blog because it is so obvious that your family is trying so hard to live the gospel and I am always strengthened by your testimony. You guys are a great example of how the gospel is supposed to guide our lives. Thanks for sharing your story!

Katie Jean said...

congratulations amy! im so excited for you guys! thanks for sharing your story. it really is a miracle

C and C Young said...

Congrats!!! I, too, am the proud mama of a miracle baby. I saw your link on Shay's blog so I thought I'd leave a note. Our blog is private and I would love to add you--email me if you get the chance--cassicraven@yahoo.com.