Sunday, December 14, 2008

Santa came early

Christmas came early at our house. Matt and I wanted to have our own little Christmas with Grant before we joined the craziness of Grandparents houses. It was so fun. Grant came walking out and didn't even care about the presents he just kept saying "pretty tree" and "balls" (warning family: Grant loves to rip the balls off the "pretty tree" :)) Finally after a little coaxing and help to understand that he could tear the wrapping off he went to town.

Playing with his new truck
Grant really focused on undoing the paper

Grant and Matt playing with his new track!! They raced all the cars to see which one was the fastest.
Grant trying to make his bear go down the track!! It was hilarious. He got a little frustrated that it wouldn't slide down.

Grant's Christmas. Do you think he likes cars? :)
This is the rest of our decorations except for our nativities around the house. Matt and I decided less was more this year since we really wouldn't be here to celebrate for to long. We just loved our early Christmas. We played with Grant's toys for hours. Make a big breakfast with hashbrowns and eggs. Matt and I played "guess who" the game for about 11/2 hours, then while Grant took his nap we watched Christmas Vacation and staying in our pajamas til 2:00 :). It was so nice to just hang out and spend time together as our little family. We are so glad for these few days to just relax.
We are so grateful for the blessing of family. We love our little family and our extended family. We are so grateful for Jesus Christ and love to celebrate his birth!!
We want to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

12 comments:

Jonathan and Carley said...

Those pictures are so cute! That is a great idea to have your own Christmas. Don't you love this time of year! How long are you going to be in Pocatello? I would love to get together if you have some time. Let me know your plans. Love you!

The Bigelows said...

Hey Amy not sure if you remember be Teira Bigelow we went to school together, anyway your little boy is so cute, hope all is well with you and your family!

the longmores said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. Grant is such a cutie. My kids have that same track and love it. They also loved their binkies forever! Have a good Christmas.

McArthur Family said...

That's so fun! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

What a good idea, I am totally doing that next year. If I would have thought of it I would have done that this year because we might have to ship some of Ayslins gifts back and it does get really hectic at Grandparents houses. I looks like Grant had tons of fun.........What no pictures of you guys in your pj's at 2:00? We will have to get together after all the holidays.

Phillip and Mary said...

We just love you guys. I love coming to your blog and seeing what you're up to. Have an awesome time on your trip! I'm sure going to miss Grant... and you guys. (J/K). :) Family IS the best - I can't wait to be with mine again. Merry Christmas! See you soon.
Phillip

Michaelene said...

Aren't boys so much fun! It looks like you guys had a great Christams. I'm glad you and your cute family get to relax over the holiday. Nate and I might be going to D.C. in April, but nothing is set in stone. I know we'll get out there hopefully w/in. the next few months. We'll have to take a day to play.
P.S. I just figured out the I had comments from you on my blog. I think I have to publish them for them to show-up? I'm a little blogger-illiterate. :) I'll figure it out soon.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

The Wight Family said...

Grant is such a cutie! He looks so much like Matty in these pictures. I just realized that I'm writing this message and you are probably fllying home right now! Can't wait to see you guys!

dave&abby johnson family said...

WOW!! So fun! I am glad you guys had a wonderful early Christmas!! Thank you for the birthday wishes! Have such a wonderful time back home!

Stefanie said...

We are going home for Christmas, we leave Sunday and we're there for two weeks. How about you guys? It's a little further for you, but you have to take advantage of Christmas Break!

Deb said...

How fun. I love to watch kids open there present on Christmas and see there reactions. I can't wait to see Porter open this year. He is really into this year. He knows who santa is and that he is bring him toys, but this year the toys are in exchange for all his PACI'S!!! We shall see how it goes!

andersenclan said...

So, we just got the email and we are going to Morgantown! Thought you would be excited to hear. Hope time with your family is going awesome, we will talk to you soon.