Can I just say that I hate the flu, especially during FINALS WEEK!! Tuesday night Grant started crying, so Matt went in and leaned down to see what was wrong and felt something wet on his face from the crib bars. (Thanks for taking one for the team babe :)) Well sure enough there was throw up all over poor little Grant and his bed and now Matt. So after tag teaming the clean up and bathing Grant he was off to bed. Well little did I know the night was only beginning for me. 3 more clean ups and lots of Diarrhea diapers later I finally fell asleep at 8 am.
So I always imagined my child throwing up to be the most disgusting thing...don't get me wrong it's gross...but when your child is laying in your arms helpless and throws up all over you it's amazing how you forget how gross it is, and you feel so sorry for the little kid. What a trooper Grant is. He managed to stay happy through it all.We are so grateful for little Grant.
Well it's nice to say that we survived our first experience with the flu and a child. After a day of sleep, I think we are doing better. I just hope that Matt and I don't get it. :) Hopefully I didn't gross anybody out...and i'll spare you any pictures of this event :)
6 comments:
Oh, poor little buddy! I was glad to hear he was feeling a little better today! Hope you have been able to catch up on some sleep! Let us know if you need anything!
Auh,
It is so sad when are kids are sick. Porter was sleeping in our bed the other night ( I know that is so bad) but we woke up to the sound of him throwing up all over himself. Poor kid was laying on his back so it just fell back on his face. So sad!
I hope Grant is doing better!
We all just recovered from the same thing. I was just glad it was only a 24 hour bug. Glad cute little Grant is feeling better. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you not to get it too!
I hope you guys don't get it either! Now that you've tackled the flu, any cold seems like a breeze, eh?
so...how bout those flu shots?! I should really get on that!! Poor Grant, i hope he's feeling better! Grant is so lucky to have such a great mom! miss ya!
I agree...my kid's vomit doesn't really gross me out that bad! Kinda weird...I can clean it up and its not a big deal! Not something I enjoy but not as nasty as I would've thought!:)
Post a Comment