Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pittsburgh trip

Brooklynn, Aspen, and Grant
Liz, Abby, and me
Matt, Dave and Mike

So last Friday we went to Pittsburgh with some friends. The Olsen's and the Johnson's from Matt's dental class. The girls went to Ikea and the boys to a Golf store. It was so nice to get out of town and just hang out. After shopping we decided to go out to eat...first non of realized it was the kids bed time and second we waited FOREVER to be seated (should have left then) well an hour after we were seated Grant had managed to throw everything around him on the ground. Scream his lungs out, spill my water all over him and me. So It ended up that all the boys and kids had left the restraunt and all the girls where waiting for our food. Matt had finally had it, and took Grant to the car to get his jammies on. Not long after the other families followed. So after multiple reassuring trips from the waitress that our food is almost done. We stood up to leave and the manager came out and gave us our food to go for FREE. At least it was Free, but Matt informs me that we aren't taking Grant out to eat til he's 5 :) After that experience I think I totally agree with him. :) Gotta love adventures

3 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

You guys are so cute! We were in Pittsburgh on Friday too...would have been fun to meet for dinner or something. Or maybe not since dinner wasn't so fun for you. :)

McArthur Family said...

So funny! I know restaurants and kids are a fun combo!

A said...

As a waitress I used to get so disgusted at the things people let their kids get away with and the messes they made but as a parent, I think I'm officially the worst! I'm always so embarassed when I look under our table when we leave and my kids are usually out of patience by the time we actually order our food which means it is an absolute nightmare if the food is late. i can totally sympathize!!!