Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Love this boy


So I never imagined how much fun it would be to be a mom. I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home every day with Grant and not miss out on anything. He is getting so big and very determined to do things himself. He has to eat by himself with a fork or spoon. He wants to walk by me everywhere we go. It's quite the struggle to get him to stay in a cart or stroller. He also is starting to get an imagination. I love it, he has been carrying around this huge monkey and the other day he put it in his high chair. I laughed so hard!! I gave Grant a spoon and we fed the monkey and then gave him a drink out of his sippy cup.


He absolutely loves to mimick his dad. I sat him on the recliner for a minute and he whined and was reaching for something. I discovered he wanted the remote. So I gave him the remote and he held it in his hand and relaxed and just sat there and watched sports center. :)


So the other day I went to the store to look for a toy that Grant could push around....like a vaccum or a little lawn mower. Well I was so bummed I couldn't find anything. Then I found this old school toy lawn mower for really cheap. Grant will not put that thing down. He has to pull it around outside. Sit with it by him in the car. He also climbed up onto the recliner with this toy and his monkey and just layed there. It was so funny.


He mimicks us so much and as scary as that is...it is also so much fun. He brightens my day everyday.

4 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

What an adorable boy he is!! I love when they start to become more independent and creative. So cute that he put his monkey in the highchair!

Sarah and Trent said...

Man, he's sure a cutie. Your little family looks so happy! Thanks for visiting our blog--I love reading more about you too. Guess what, I'm kind of scared of riding bikes too, because I run into things or fall as I try to go down steep hills. :) I also hate it when big trucks drive by me--I'm just SURE it's going to run me over.

McArthur Family said...

That's so great that you are enjoying the moments that energize you as a mom.

Porters said...

I love it...that is really cute and I agree with you that I feel so grateful that I get to be home with Laneah every day. So much happens from minute to minute it would be hard to miss it.