Palmer Samuel Godfrey
Palmer has always been a name that Matt and I have liked it finally seemed right with him. Samuel is because Grant through out this whole pregnancy has been very determined that his name is Sam. Neither Matt nor I loved that name so we told Grant that his name would be Palmer. He told us that if we named him Palmer then he would still call him Sam. So we thought we would have his middle name be Samuel for Grant.
The labor story for those who care:
After a week of contraction on and off but nothing really strong and a miserable weekend of contractions every 10 minutes but not painful enough we went in to be induced Sunday night at 8. For some reason with switching to so many different doctors with fertility treatment and moving my due date on my records moved from Oct 21st to Oct 17th. So my dr thought I was 40 weeks but I really was a few days early, but I didn't complain. I figured after they inserted the pill to soften my cervix that I would be in labor all night and sure enough it was enough to jump start me and forty minutes later I was having contractions. So from midnight til 9 am I labored and was happy to get my epidural half way through. Just before 9am they broke my water and shortly after Palmer's heart rate dropped dramatically. The next thing Matt and I knew there was a bunch of nurses rushing into the room. My Dr. wasn't there, only the resident was there and the nurse grabbed oxygen and put it on me telling me to take deep breathes. They rotated me from side to side to side to try and get the heart rate on the monitor and find a place that the baby would be ok. I could only see fear in my nurses eyes. I layed helpless pleading and praying and hoping everything would be ok. Matt was trying to stay calm for me, but was just as nervous. After what seemed like forever his heart rate leveled out. The Dr's think Palmer may have fallen down into place after my water broke and he didn't like it to much. An hour later I was ready to push. I could feel one side, and was scared that I would be pushing with one side feeling everything. Thankgoodness the anesthesiologist came in right before and fixed it. I pushed three times and out came our tiny little Palmer. Everybody in the room was so shocked when we heard 6lb 13oz since my other boys were over 8lb a week early. We are so grateful everything went ok and we are so happy to have Palmer a part of our family.
Our little Miracle
His scrawny little body. He is sooo skinny.
6lb 13 oz and 20 in long
Palmer just hung out with us awake for alot of the morning. He was very tolerable of his brothers and has seemed at ease with there loud noises.
Tyson loving his baby Palmer
Grant was so excited!
Palmer made a noise and Tyson thought it was hilarious
The proudest big brother
So grateful Nana has been here
Poor Matt looks so tired in this picture. The best daddy and his 3 boys
DAY 2 still the proudest big brother and can't get enough of Palmer
Tyson loving baby Palmer
Mommies little angel
Proud Daddy
Palmer day 2
Finally home!! Nice picture taking dad you captured the smile.
17 comments:
Congrats Amy! You have some adorable little boys! Same thing happened to me: one side numb the other not at all & I even had 2 epis & the same thing...weird! Glad everything went well. Aloha!
I'm so happy he made it here safely!!! You look beautiful in the hospital, I better call and get some tips on that from you next time around =). Good luck with the upcoming sleeplessness. I love you!
Yay! Congrats! What a beautiful family! So glad that everything was okay! It is always so scary when something unexpected happens but he is perfect! Love you!
So so so happy Palmer has arrived and is doing well! And so grateful everything went well with the delivery despite the scare.
And are you sure you just had a baby?! You look beautiful!
So, when can I bring dinner and meet Mr. Palmer? Seriously, as soon as your mom is gone I want to bring dinner.
Congrats guys! He is precious! I am so glad that everything went well!
He is so sweet!
oh, you guys, your boys are so darn cute. Amy, you are seriously the prettiest mommy ever. I absolutely love the pics of you looking at him. So sweet. Congrats!!!
Congratulations Amy!!
Oh, I'm so glad Palmer made it into your arms safely. How scary. He's so handsome...and I can't believe how big Tyson is. He has changed so much. Hope everything else is going well! Good luck adjusting to 3! :) Miss ya!
Congrats! He is so stinking cute! You look great!
Congrats you guys!! We're very excited for you. Hope that the recovery is going well and everyone's getting adjusted. :) He's sure a handsome little guy- just like his big brothers!! Lookin forward to seeing you soon.
So glad things went good for you and baby. Scary... Porter's heart rate dropped also, but we couldn't get it up so he was a c section. So be grateful it came back to normal. What a cute family. I love how siblings are just so excited to meet there new brother or sister. It really is like they know them already! Congrats
He is sooo cute!!! I love that pic of ty giving him a kiss! You definitely looked gorgeous! Emma went through a concoction phase, its a little crazy! Love you all!
Congrats! He is adorable! We are so happy fro you guys!
ah fantastic!! All your boys are so dang cute. Great job Amy! Hope you're feeling well.
What a little darling! Congrats to a beauitful family!
Wahoo. That picture of you and Palmer in the hospital bed with your green shirt is so beautiful! I realize I haven't yet gotten a family photo and Brooklyn is 5 months old. We'll get on that ASAP:).
Post a Comment