Thursday, October 14, 2010

Florida

Matt's research was selected to represent WVU at the ADA/Dentsply Student Clinician Research Program in Florida. The boys and I were not going to stay home so we came and easily talked Grandma and Grandpa Godfrey into joining us. Florida was just what we needed after a crazy couple months of interviews and rural rotation with crazy hours. The weather was awesome.

Grandma and Grandpa were so nice and babysat so I could go to the orientation Fri followed by the awards night with a reception Sat on the river. The reception was amazing. I love that my husband's first words walking out to the reception was, "I feel like I'm on the Bachelor." It was amazing. We walked to a little island on the river. The band was playing, food was awesome. There were white flags all lit up surrounding us. Ok so my description does not do it justice, and sadly to say I forgot my camera.

It was so fun to be treated like Royalty. Grant loved the Hotel pool with a lazy river and beach area for kids. After a well needed relaxing Sunday with naps for the boys. We took the boys to Magic Kingdom Mon and Sea World Tues. They had a blast. The lines were great. We waiting for 30 min. at the most on one ride. Grant cried everytime we got off Splash Mountain. He rode it 4 times. Tyson screamed when we got close to the characters, but loved seeing them from a distance. Sea World was the perfect day to follow Magic Kingdom. The boys were mesmorized by the Dolphin Show and loved seeing the baby killer whale that was 3 days old.


DOWNTOWN DISNEY











This Dinosaur growled and moved


Hanging out in the stroller

So excited to see BUZZ

Trying to decide whether to join Grant in the water.....after getting one foot wet he didn't attempt again.

Grant however loved the water. He told me he met new friends.


HOTEL POOL-Just a small section of the pool

Lounging by the pool


Daddy had a break after presenting his research so he came to say Hi at the pool.

ORLANDO TEMPLE


MAGIC KINGDOM
Tyson trying to get away from Mickey


ZURG- a favorite at our house

Grant wasn't so sure about the Rabbit
Tyson again trying to get away from Goofy

Going down Splash Mountain Matt and Grant in the front. Grandma and Grandpa behind.

After they went down the drop on Splash Mountain. They got drenched.

Notice by the end of the day Grant is in new clothes. After splash mountain 4 times he was soaked :) but loved it.


There was some of this...not a ton though too much to see I guess
SEA WORLD
Tired and Relaxing During one of the shows at Sea World

Atlantis ride Grant's favorite

Shamu and her 3 day old baby

Dolphin show

Group shot at the end of Sea World. We were all soaking wet in this picture except Grant he had new clothes. Not the best planning on my part....yes I am in a white shirt.
To end the trip Matt had booked tickets to the Cirque Du Soleil for the two of us. We walked by the river and went to the show. We loved the show. It was so fun and such a fun date. Thanks Matt!!!

6 comments:

Kassidy and Adam said...

looked so fun!! i can't beleive how big your boys look!! they are so sweet!

The Godfreys said...

cute pictures! What a fun trip. Matt's bachelor comment is hilarious!

Wohlford Family said...

Love the pictures! Maybe if you had offered to take us to Florida we would have come to see you! Haha, just kidding. We love you guys! I'm jealous Mom and Dad were able to spend so much time with your cute boys. I can't wait til Christmas! Let's talk Ashley into making a crab cheese ball!

Michaelene said...

Sounds like a much needed break! Don't you just love grandparents? They are the best. You have such a cute family! I hope after endo school you get to come back West. It would be so fun to see you more.

Tiffany said...

What a fun trip for your family! I can't believe how cute your boys are! They are getting so big!

Mark and Katy said...

That is awesome that you were able to make it to Disney World before you move to Kansas : )!!