For Memorial Day Weekend we took a trip with the Stowe's to New York City. Matt and I had never been their and really wanted to make the trip while living so close. It was so fun!!! Here are some pictures:

We just happened to be on Broadway the first day they closed it to vehicles.

A huge fair was taking place up broadway it was absolutely crazy, but alot of fun. Tiffani, Bryant, Madeline, Beckham, Matt, Grant, and Me.

Ground Zero

This is right in the middle of where of the World Trade Centers were.

Still Ground Zero

We walked Wall St.

Stock Market Exchange

We took a ferry out to Liberty Island.



This is at Liberty Island

On the Ferry, Beckham, Bryant, Madeline, Tiffani, Grant and Matt

Time Square at night

China Town, and Dinner at Little Italy. We met up with Brandon and Becky Mennear from Pocatello. However, by the end of the day I was so tired and forgot to take a picture of us all together. It was so fun to see them though.

Looking out at New York City from Empire State Building

Grant and Madeline finally fell asleep just before we got to the top of the Empire State Building

Radio City

Rockefeller Center

Playing on the piano in the Toy Store

Grant loved the horse's in Central Park

New York City Temple

we walked and walked and walked, but it was a blast!!

Time Square

Grant loved the buses, ambulances, and fire trucks. They were great entertainment while he was stuck in his stroller all day.
During Matt's week off from school, We went with our friends the Johnson's, to Sandusky, OH. We stayed at Kalahari the biggest indoor water park. We thought it would be fun to take Grant somewhere he would enjoy. He loved it and had a blast.

Grant and Matt playing basketball in the water.

More basketball, Surprise? No this kid could play ball all day long

They had alot of fun slides for Grant, he loved them.

He laughed when he would land and the water would spray his face. Our little fish.

He loved doing everything himself. Mr. Independent

More slides. When Grant woke up the next morning he said, "wee wee(which means slide) and basketball fun mama." Matt and I loved watching him so happy and having so much fun.

One morning we woke up to "it's naked time!!" And what did we find? Grant had taken his jammies off and was jumping around in his bed saying, "Naked Time" We laughed so hard.

Grant wanted Matt to come in and play basketball with him. However, before they played Grant had to put his basketball shorts on just like daddy!!

Grant sporting his basketball shorts!!
West Virginia University has a day called "Kiddie Days." We went with some friends to the University farm. They had all the baby animals out so the kids could see them and pet them. It was a blast. Here are a few pictures:

Liz, Brooklynn, Asher, Aspen, Grant, Amelia, Jacob, and Lydia

Checking out the baby chicks

The cute baby cows, Liz, Brooklynn, and Asher

Abby and Aspen Johnson

Grant and Aspen loving the cows
16 comments:
Wow, you guys have been busy! How fun though. I want to take a trip to NYC soon, I'll have to ask you about it when I see you next. Hope you had some comfortable shoes for all that walking! That water slide park looks like tons of fun as well. fun fun fun! :)
Looks like you guys are having a blast and staying busy! We took Abigale to NYC when she was about 7months and it is not the easiest place to have a stroller but good exercise. You look so cute pregnant. How are you feeling? We need to catch up!
How fun!!! I want to go to New York so bad! It looks like you did so much! Good for you! I just love vacations!
What a fun trip! You have got to be one of the cutest pregnant people I have seen! It looks like you are feeling good. I saw your mom at Costco a few weeks ago. She is so sweet!
I can't believe you did all that walking when you're pregnant. You guys have definitely been busy, looks like fun.
You guys are so good about enjoying the minutes/moments here. Seeing all the sights and traveling looked like lots of fun!
Okay, so I have finally realized that bloggin' does keep you in touch with friends and fam! Grant is so stinkin' handsome! And congrats on being prego. How's it going? I love New York... I want to go right now! Your family is adorable! Keep in touch.
What a fun weekend. I love your tiny (let me emphasize tiny) belly. What a cute little mom!
I love the pics of the statue of liberty and of Grant on the huge piano. Also Kalahari looks awesome, forget it being for kids, I want to go.
I'm glad you guys had a good vacay. Grant is getting so big and is at such a fun age. Nate is always asking Sam if he wants to go play soccer with him. (I think he can't wait) Time flies!
Your pics. remind me a lot of the stuff we did during our time in Pittsburgh!! There are so many places to visit in the East, enjoy it while you can!
amy,
It was so good to see you guys! It's been way to long. You guys look great. I'm so glad you had a great time.
Looks like you guys had a great time! And you are so cute all pregnant! I'm glad things are going well for you!
Cute pictures! In a couple of pictures (the ones where you guys are wearing the sun glasses) you two look just like Jason and Molly! And, did you notice that you and Kristi have the same blog background! Funny!
Looks like you guys have been having a fun summer so far. Your little pregnant belly is so cute!
Hey you guys! I just wanted to let you know that I have jumped on the band wagon and now have a blog
http://www.eternalbliss04.blogspot.com/
Oh my goodness, i saw you had a blog and had to look at it. I'm Mandi Furniss from Highland High if you don't remember me. I am so glad that things are going great for you and you have a cute little guy! Also, congrat's with the new baby and good luck with everything!! I can't believe all that you have been through with getting pregant, what a story!! If you want to see my blog let me know what your email is and I will send you an invite. Take care little lady and good luck with everything!!
Holy cow! New York looks crazy!! Looks like fun, glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment