Thursday, July 24, 2008

CONGRATS MATTHEW



So today I wanted to Congratulate my amazing husband for finishing his first year of Dental School. He has been truely amazing!! I am so proud of him for working so hard and doing so well, yet never making Grant and I feel second to school. I thought I would write a Special Blog dedicated just to him :)!!!

Top 60 Reasons why I Love Matthew:

1. I love how Family is always first
2. I love how humble he is, even though he is amazing at so many things
3. I love how there is never a dull moment when he's around
4. I love that he turned down so many girls in search to find me
5. I love that he sacrifices so much for Grant and me
6. I love that I'm the only girl he has kissed :)
7. I love that being with me is always his first choice
8. I love how he wrote me faithfully every week while on his mission, even though I was off playing with other guys and can't say the same
9. I love waking up to cute texts or notes
10. I love how everything in our house has been researched and found on consumer reports

11. I love how he can tell me what make, model, and year of every car on the road
12. I love how unselfish he is
13. I love that theere is always stashed a book or Ensign by the toilet for reading material.
14. I love that he never complains when he has to discard of Ralph or kill a creepy crawly in our house
15. I love that he misses me when I'm gone
16. I love that he gives me a kiss hello and goodbye everytime he walks out the door or comes home
17. I love that he cuddles with me when he wakes up early, even though I am so not a morning person and at the very moment may be wishing I could stay asleep.
18. I love when he warns me that he didn't hear me cause he was watching sports center
19. I love how he knows every stat of every player that played for DUKE
20. I love that he supports me in whatever I want to do

21. I love that I'm the most important person in his life next to Jesus Christ
22. I love that he gasps when I put my cold feet on him, but he never makes me move them.
23. I love how patient he is with me
24. I love how he coats almost every meal with some sort of condiment mostly KETCHUP
25. I love when I get T-minus minutes while getting ready for something. So we aren't late, even though I like walking in at the last second
26. I love how he is always teasing me, but always complimenting me too
27. I love how I can tell him anything and everything and he loves to listen to me
28. I love that he will write my lists for me and remind me of important things...seeing that I always somehow manage to forget
29. I love how he can whip out amazing talks or lessons in minutes when it takes me weeks
30. I love how he can spent hours playing with kids

31. I love that every June he buys an early birthday present even though by the time his real birthday comes in December he forgot all about the early present :)
32. I love how he can always find a major sporting event to watch on Sundays
33. I love that I get unexpected company from him in the shower
34. I love when he laughs even if it comes from him teasing
35. I love that he is gutsy enought to mimick an 80 year old plumber with 60 years experience even though he has never done any repair like it before
36. I love his smile, the touch of his hand, and being wrapped in his arms
37. I love that he always loves my cooking, even if it's an experiment or has a few missing ingredients
38. I love how sentimental and romantic he is
39. I love how clean and tiddy he is even if it means cleaning up Grant's toys when he is sitting by them :)
40. I love how organized he is even if it means planning everything in his palm pilot

41. I love how I have to ask "are you serious?" after he gives me a fact cause usually it's made up.
42. I love how he is always helping me around the house or with Grant
43. I love that he is always trying to be a better person
44. I love how good of a memory he has even if it means reminding me of every stupid thing I've said, spelled, or done :)
45. I love how hard of a worker he is
46. I love how smart he is
47. I love how creative he is, always coming up with new raps, names for our goals, and new words to songs
48. I love that i'm always his first pick for somebody to play sports with mostly golf, tennis, and squash.
49. I love that he loves to play with Grant, he is the best daddy.
50. I love that as soon as he gets home he closes the blinds so he can run around in his g's.

51. I love that he asks me every morning how Grant did during the night.
52. I love that he wakes up with Grant every weekend so I can sleep in
53. I love that he takes lots of breaks from studying to hang out with us and check YOUTUBE
54.I love that our naps always turn out to be more than fun than actual sleep
55. I love that he is a perfectionist
56. I love his one handed back massages...even after a wonderful 2 handed one given to him previously :)
57. I love when you wrap your arms around me when I'm washing dishes
58. I love the awards I get posted on my mirror and the lists posted on the wall :)
59. I love how in love we are.
60. I love that you are always trying your best at everything

12 comments:

Dana said...

You are such a nice little wifey. I loved the list, pretty hilarious. There are so many things that I have to laugh at because they are so familiar to me as well. I don't know about you, but pregnancy brought many forgotten things...and it still continues now so thank Heaven for husbands. Congrats on 1 year under your belts!

McArthur Family said...

What a beautiful list! Your great grand kids will love having that in your family history. There are the top 3 things I love about your post.
3 How honest and sincere it was
2 That you honor your husband
1 That Matt knows how to treat his wife and be the best dad and husband for your beautiful family.

I adore you both. Thanks for being an example of a happy couple still totally in love!

- amber

Jami Jackson said...

What a sweet list Amy!! I love stuff like that. Jon would probably kill me if I posted something like that about him, but I'd probably do it anyways. Oh, and congrats to you and Matt on the finish of your first year of school. What a relief huh?

A said...

Congrats to both of you! You guys are a very cute couple. Sorry you had to read my gross post about throw up! But look at the things you have to look forward to with a boy to raise.

dave&abby johnson family said...

Wow, you are a good wife!! I didn't do anything for Dave!! But tell Matt CONGRATS!!

3 little haglers said...

Hey my beautiful friend! Oh it looks like you guys are having so much fun!!! Grant is too cute! Tell Matt congrats on completing his first year! and congrats to you for surviving it! Luv and miss ya tons!

p.s. i love your cute list!

Shai Brown said...

You are so nice! That was such a cute post!CONGRATULATIONS!

Benjaman and Alexandria Brown said...

Congrats Matt and Congrats Amy. I know what a relief it is to complete each year of dental school, even as the wife. Right now we are wishing it had been three weeks and we could say that boards were behind us!I think I am more stressed for Ben than he is!

Phillip and Mary said...

Too sweet! We sure admire you guys! Hope you're having fun at home!

Kim Walker said...

The music on your playlist makes me totally smile. Some of those songs bring back so many memories for me. Thanks for reminding me of those memories!!

Sarah and Trent said...

Well hi to you too Amy! By the way-- I read your profile and we'll have to play tennis sometime! When all the boys are playing bball. :) Your little boy is darling.

Kim Walker said...

That is adorable, Amy. Derrel and I had a few great giggles from your list. Congrats to Matt! You guys are awesome and I'm glad that you are enjoying your disposal!