Friday, June 20, 2008

Grant's First Birthday












Wow it's crazy how fast time flies. I can't believe a year has gone by. We feel so blessed to have Grant and what an amazing year it's been as parents. Grant mimicks so much now. He loves to say what you say especially sounds like beep, boom, pop, ah oh. We takes a few steps and then dives, however he can walk all over the place holding onto one of your fingers. It's so funny how he has no fear for climbing, falling, etc, except walking he wants to hold onto your finger. He loves Ketchup... Just like his daddy. He is so fun!!! Here are some picts of him eating his birthday cake. So for those of you who do cake decorating don't laugh. Yes I made the cake and it didn't turn out quite like I had envisioned. It looks more like a pig to me even though it's suppose to be a bear, but for my first attempt i guess I should be proud. One thing is for sure..I'll never forget Grant's first birthday cake :) :) So he started out picking at the frosting with two fingers then by the end he was grabbing it with both hands. However he must take after his dad and not like his hands to be messy cause by the end he was sticking his hands out whining for us to clean them off.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Wow how time goes...they grow up so fast. I just love that hair. Your so lucky he is happy eating his cake. Porter cried for both his birthdays...too many people I guess. What a joy to be parents to these sweet boys huh?

Jessica Adams said...

I feel you on the cakes! I made a carebear cake for Gracie's first birthday...It took FOREVER and didn't turn out all that sweet! Homeade tastes better though!

Ryan and Jessica said...

Hey we LOVE the cake Amy! You did a fabulous job! I like the bear/pig! Emma saw the pics and said o Jordy, Grant had a birthday party and we missed it! We love you guys!