Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mother's Day




So Mother's Day was the best!! It was my first Mother's Day as a real mom. Due to the long hard two years of trying to get pregnant I really cherished this day. It was the first Mother's Day that Matt and I could actually go to our own ward. I used to make him take me on a trip as far away as we could get from Pocatello every Mother's Day. But this one we actually attended our own ward!! Those were such fun trips, but also very hard. I have the most amazing husband because I know that is was hard on him too that we couldn't get pregnant but he was always the positive one and never failed to comfort me. I remember crying in his arms every Mother's Day wishing that I could be a mother of my own child! Even though I was so happy to actually be a Mother this Mother's Day my heart really went out to those who couldn't get pregnant. What are the chances that on my first Mother's Day we would happen to drive through Grafton, WV. Where the first Mother's Day originated. It was also the 100 year celebration of Mother's Day. You'll never guess who happened to be there..... Hillary Clinton!! Yep surprise. The pictures are in Grafton. Also of the Andersen's ( Friends in Phillipi, WV from Pocatello) with whom we spent Mother's Day!!

2 comments:

dave&abby johnson family said...

oh friend, you are cute! Grant is lucky to have such a great Mommy!

andersenclan said...

I love your blog, you are doing awesome with it! We loved having you on Sunday and appreciate the good dessert and salad. We like the picture, I might put it on my blog. It sounds like D.C. was fun! I will have to call you this week. You guys are awesome, give Grant kisses for us. Oh, Jayden is sitting on his own!

Michelle