Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Luck of 2008
So for those of you who haven't heard about our luck of 2008, let me do a quick run through. It all began when we got home from Christmas Break. Matt couldn't get to school in his civic, due to all the snow and the small windy roads. So we upgraded to a four wheel drive Jeep!! Yes Matt was so happy to have a jeep. He absolutely loves it. Well not long after buying our jeep we were coming home from Pennsylvania and a thoracic surgeon came pulling out of a drive way and T-boned us. Yep smacked us right in the passenger side of our camry. We were about 2 min from our house. It was freezing outside and thankgoodness for friends who came and picked up Grant while we waited 45 min for a police man to come to the accident. (Yes we love the layed back West Virginia Attitude) So after a long month of dealing with insurance comp. we found out our car was totalled. We also found out there were a couple issues with the Jeep that put it in the shop. Thank goodness for a rental car. So going from 2 vehicles to 0 we decided to take advantage of the rental and go to Penn to look for a car. Yah we found one and our Jeep got fixed. Then all but a week later we got the horrible flu. So for 1 week I spent every night holding Grant in my arms either with a towel catching the throw up, or wipes in hand changing diarrhea diapers. Yes of course after a week of not sleeping I got the flu and then Matt got it after me. So after having the flu and being stuck in our house we decided it was time to get out and go for a bike ride. Well surprise! some how I managed to fly over my handle bars and break one elbow and screw up the other. I was told not to lift for 7 wks. Well for those of you who have had a 9 month old you know how nearly impossible it is to not lift your child. So lucky for us my mom flew out and helped, then my sister flew out, and with a busy husband who was an amazing help, and amazing friends we managed to get through the 7 wks. So by now we're thinking things can only be looking up for us. Well Surprise again......One mile away from taking our exit after our D.C. trip a deer comes flying through the air and we HIT it!! Oh yes our new car now has fur and dents in it. Matt and I just looked at each other and shook our heads is unbelief!! What an exciting year. But amongst it all I can look at every situation and pick out how the Lord blessed us through it. I know that trials come, but the Lord never stops amazing me at how he blesses us. The blessings of amazing friends and family, safety, ins. coverage on my arms, and timing with Matt and I not getting the flu at the same time. We truely have been blessed. However I can't help but laugh at our experience in West Virginia!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I cant believe your year so far!! Well, hopefully things can only go up and at least you have an adorable liitle boy to keep things in perspective! You have such a great attitude and are an amazing example to everyone. Keep smiling! We miss you!
Oh my gosh, that's hilarious. I mean not that you guys have had to go through those things but just the way you write about them. I was wondering if that was fur in the picture of your car. Ew, gross. It really happened right before the exit to get off in Morgantown? Amy, you guys are awesome. What great attitudes you have. And I have just been pregnant and have a worse attitude than you do. You're awesome!
Post a Comment