Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Last few months

November- Visit to Jon and Lyndsee's house for Mizzou game
         Boys playing guns
 Abby and Palmer
Matt and Grant at the Missouri Tigers Football game

We on short notice decided to make the 16 hour drive to Pocatello for Thanksgiving and blessed Palmer while we were there.  The boys were amazing and Palmer slept just about the whole time
Palmers blessing


 Palmer has been our happiest baby, but was the only one of our boys to scream through his blessing.  
 Matt's older sister and her family were the only ones not there from both sides of our family.  Considering everyone lives all over that  was quite impressive and so fun to see our whole families
 All the guys that were in the circle



Our First Christmas in Kansas City, we stayed and spent it as our little family
 Since I'm not the most crafty person I had to show off my stockings I made.  I am the type of person who would rather play outside or do something active and hire someone to make cute crafty things for me.  But here you go.  My prized stockings :)
 Santa at the ward Christmas party

Santa's Holiday Express Train
 Inside the train at Union Station

 This is Santa's Holiday Express train that we got to tour


 Happy 29 to Matt.  
I made Matt a quilt out of his old meaningful t-shirts and jersy's from High School on.  Like I said I don't usually make things, and I swore while I neglected my kids and spent days cutting and sewing that I would never do this again.  But now that it's over and I love the final project I think I could actually maybe do it again one day.  My friend teased me that I should buy a frame and frame the quilt and you know I just may do that. :)
My boys love there blankets and thought it was the best idea to give Matt a blanket for his b-day.  They couldn't wait for his birthday and actually kept it a secret from him.  Movie night on Matt's b-day with his homemade quilt.  

Matt had two weeks off for Christmas break.  Since we stayed home we had so much fun exploring Christmas in KC and loved every minute with Dad.  
 Crown Center 
Tyson loving his baby Palmer.  He is such a great brother and says all the time "I love my baby brother"
 Christmas Eve playing new Wii games
 Christmas Eve- the boys in there new jammies
 Christmas morning coming down stairs to see what Santa Brought
 Palmer didn't know what was going on
 First Christmas
 Tyson after opening all his presents
 Grant after opening his presents.  
We went to church and came home and opened more presents.  Grant loved his jammies so much he had to put them back on.  
 Building cool things with Grant's new tools and wood
Legends outlets 
 My Super heroes
My boys are very energetic and always pretending to fight the bad guys.  Today dad got to join in with his Super hero shirt.  
 Tyson.  Love this kid.  He is such a stinker, but gives the best hugs and kisses and is so much fun when he isn't being a stinker
 Grant trying to look tough in his super hero shirt
 Finally got a smile out of him
 Palmer is so well loved
He wasn't to excited to be a super hero today.  

January has brought craziness.  Matt's semester has been so busy not to mention all the visits and meetings that come from being EQ President.  We have been super sick the last couple of weeks.  A  fever and cough have rotated through all of us.  I have been in survival mode.  Being sick myself with 3 sick boys and being up every hour all night long for a week has taken it's toll.  There were days I didn't know how I was going to get through it.  But thank goodness for prayer I know I have had some extra help and have been carried through.  We seem to be feeling better now so hurray for 60 degree weather,  a healthy family, and a sleeping baby.  

7 comments:

McArthur Family said...

It was fun catching up on your family. I'm so sorry about all the sickies and feeling like your barely surviving...you're amazing and I love you!

Michaelene said...

You do not look like you just had a baby! And I think your boys are just as handsome as can be.

So sorry you have been sick, glad your feeling better and hopefully you've paid your dues and won't be sick anymore this winter :)

So jealous of your nice weather! And to think you guys are seriously almost done with school! (Even though it may not seem that way) How exciting! Hope all is well!

Michaelene said...

Happy B-day!!! One year older and wiser too! Hope you got to do something fun!

Lynn, Sarah, and Ayslin said...

Amy, You're family looks so cute and all of them (the kids) are getting SO big! It sounds like you had some good holidays too! Hope you all get well soon. I feel so sorry for myself when I am sick, I cannot imagine trying to take care of three sick boys too. :( It's so true about prayer too.

Lynn, Sarah, and Ayslin said...

Oh, ps, I forgot to say that I love your new family picture and how much I love your hair! You have just solidified my decision to chop mine off...however, I think I will be quite disappointed when I don't look like you too. :/

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Way to survive the sickness. I agree with your blogging friends--your boys are so handsome, you are so beautiful, your projects are awesome!!!!, and I'm proud of you!

jweed said...

gavin is still missing his best bud, grant. and we miss the rest of you, too! it would be fun to see tyson and sam together at this age. cute + rascal all rolled together. glad to hear you're feeling better. you deserve a prize!